The Powerball jackpot has now risen to an incredible $750 million, and the next drawing will take place tonight. So far, this is the largest lottery jackpot of 2019, and if someone manages to match all of the Powerball winning numbers, they would have won the fourth-largest lottery jackpot in the history of the United States.
Be aware that the chances of winning the Powerball are slim to non-existent, to put it simply. When playing for the Powerball jackpot, you must have all five white numbers (between 1 and 69) and the red Powerball number (between 1 and 26) correct in order to be eligible. You have a one in 292 million chance of getting all of the winning Powerball numbers on your ticket if you buy a single ticket.
Nonetheless, there are numerous more opportunities to win a Powerball jackpot of some form. For example, if you have all five winning white balls but do not have the red Powerball, you will win $1 million, and if you have four white balls plus the Powerball, you will win $50,000.
Most crucially, if you don’t buy a Powerball ticket in time for the most recent drawing, you will not be eligible to win. There is a $2 fee for each Powerball ticket, and the deadline to purchase Powerball tickets varies by jurisdiction. Here’s all you need to know about your chances of winning the $750 million Powerball jackpot in tonight’s drawing, which takes place on Wednesday, March 27.
Read More: How Many Gods Are There In This World
What Is The Cut-Off Date For Purchasing Powerball Tickets?
Powerball tickets are available for purchase in 44 states, as well as Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, and the United States Virgin Islands (USVI). The deadline for purchasing Powerball tickets varies depending on where you live. In order to find out when the Powerball cutoff times were for each state lottery website, we checked the websites of every state lottery in the country, and the results are listed below.
If no one matches all of the winning numbers in the Powerball drawing, the jackpot will roll over and grow larger and larger. Additionally, as lottery jackpots increase, the likelihood of long lines to purchase lottery tickets increases. As a result, it is recommended that you purchase Powerball tickets well before the deadline in your state. Also, keep in mind that many states now allow you to purchase lottery tickets online.
When Is The Powerball Winning Numbers Drawn?
Every Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET, the Powerball drawing will take place. While some local nightly news programs broadcast the Powerball drawings live, other stations around the country broadcast the results of the Powerball drawing a little after 11 p.m. Eastern Time.
In addition, websites such as powerball.com and lottery.net provide information on the winning Powerball numbers and other lottery results.
The next Powerball drawing will take place tonight (Wednesday, March 27), with a jackpot worth an estimated $750 million up for grabs in the process. In today’s lottery, the cash value of the $750 million jackpot is $465.5 million in a lump sum, before taxes. For those who are fortunate enough to win the Powerball jackpot, our recommendation is to take a lump sum rather than monthly payments.
Read More: What Are 12 Reindeers Name
What Are My Chances Of Being The Winner?
The chances of winning the jackpot are extremely remote. According to the Pennsylvania Lottery, the odds of winning are approximately 1 in 292 million.
You Have A Better Chance Of Achieving:
- The experience of being struck by lightning (one in 750,000).
- The possibility of being struck by an asteroid or a comet (1 in 20,000).
- Becoming a billionaire without winning the lottery is a real possibility (1 in 785,000).
- Being elected president is a great honor (1 in 10 million)
When You Have $465 Million In Cash, What Do You Think You Could Do With It?
Almost anything, but here are a few things you could spend a little extra money on:
- There will be an orbital ride around the moon. I’m going with a friend. According to reports from a few years ago, a space tourism company was offering passengers the opportunity to take a slingshot ride around the moon in a modified Russian Soyuz spacecraft for $150 million per person.
- The most expensive automobile on the planet. The vehicle in question is the Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita, of which only two examples were built by the Swedish manufacturer. There are two of them, one of which is owned by boxer Floyd “Money” Mayweather, who made headlines several years ago when it was revealed that he paid $4.8 million for the car. Maybe he’ll be open to a counter-offer?
- A yacht, to be precise. This luxury yacht, owned by film director Steven Spielberg, was purchased for $200 million. So you could afford that boat, but you probably couldn’t afford to keep it on the water for an extended period of time.
- Lincoln Financial Corporation purchased the naming rights to the Philadelphia Eagles’ stadium for $139.6 million over a 21-year period. You might be able to outbid them.
- To illustrate how much money you could potentially give away, consider this: $400,000 would cover the tuition for 11,690 people to attend a private college.
- Alternatively, you could use the funds to construct a hospital in the same philanthropic vein. Maybe even two. The construction of the Penn State Children’s Hospital in Hershey cost approximately $207 million.
If you are the winner:
Begin by signing your name on the back of your ticket. Your name, address, and phone number should be printed clearly. Give yourself some time to consult with a financial advisor.
In order to claim the jackpot, you must go to the Pennsylvania Lottery headquarters in Middletown. You’ll have 60 days to decide whether you want to receive the money as an annuity or whether you want to receive the money in cash. Here’s what it means in practical terms.
- In this case, you will receive your money in 30 annual payments over a period of 29 years, with the amount of each payment increasing by 5 percent each year.
- You will receive a lump sum payment if you choose the cash option. If the jackpot remains at $750 million, the cash payout will be $465.5 million, according to the current odds.
Of course, regardless of which option you choose, you will be responsible for paying taxes on any winnings you receive. This also assumes that you are the only one who has won. If there are multiple winners, the jackpot will be divided amongst all of the winners.
Read More: What Is Smart Padala Rates
Can The Winner Remain Anonymous In Pa.?
Certain information about the winners is considered a public record in the state of Pennsylvania. In addition, the Lottery publishes online lists of winners of $1,000 or more, which include the following names and addresses:
- The winner’s first and last names, as well as their initials (s)
- Counties where you live
- The name of the game that was won
- Date of the victory
- Amount of the prize
It is permissible for legal entities (such as trusts) to file and receive prize claims and prize funds under the provisions of the state Lottery Law. If you want to investigate that possibility further, you should speak with an attorney.
Follow Techadvices for the Best of the Technology.