You can remove messages from Discord that you no longer want to see. By right-clicking and selecting “Delete,” you can delete your message. Your message will be permanently removed if you choose to delete it. In other words, your communication will be hidden from the rest of the community. The same is true if someone deletes a message from the conversation. Discord does have a feature that allows users to see messages that have been erased. Edited messages can be viewed alongside deleted ones. In just four easy actions, you’ll discover how to view deleted Discord chats.
Read More: How To Download Vimeo Private Videos
In Discord, How Do You See Messages That Have Been Deleted?
BetterDiscord and MessageLoggerV2 are required to view deleted Discord communications.
Enable MessageLoggerV2 by adding it to the plugins folder. Discord’s log can be opened to see deleted communications after enabling MessageLoggerV2.Right-clicking the server and selecting “Open Logs” will do the trick. The log has four tabs, one of which is “Deleted.”Discord’s “Erased” page displays all messages that have been deleted. Additionally, you’ll be able to see the message’s date and time. Additionally, the “Clear log” option can remove any previous entries from the log. If you want to see deleted Discord messages, follow these steps:
- BetterDiscord is available for free download.
- Download MessageLoggerV2.
- Enable and install MessageLoggerV2 in the plugins directory
- Open the server’s logs by right-clicking them.
1. Get BetterDiscord
BetterDiscord must first be downloaded. Plugins and themes are used to enhance the functionality of Discord. The BetterDiscord website offers a variety of free plugins and themes. Begin by going to https://betterdiscord.app/ to learn more about the app’s features.
To get BetterDiscord, go to the website and select “Download.”After clicking “Download,” you’ll be presented with a menu of options.”Install BetterDiscord,” “Repair BetterDiscord,” and “Uninstall BetterDiscord” are all options available to you. Select the “Install BetterDiscord” action if you want to download BetterDiscord.As soon as you’ve done that, click “Next.”Choosing your Discord version is the next step after you’ve selected “Next.”
In addition to “Discord,” “Discord PTB,” and “Discord Canary,” there are three Discord versions. Select “Discord” because you’re using the standard Discord client.
After that, simply click “Install” to begin the process of setting up BetterDiscord.BetterDiscord will open Discord immediately once it has been installed. The current version of BetterDiscord will be displayed in a pop-up on Discord. This signifies that the BetterDiscord download was successful. Close the pop-up by clicking on the “x” symbol.
2. Install MessageLoggerV2 On Your Computer.
The MessageLoggerV2 download is required now that you’ve installed BetterDiscord.
MessageLoggerV2 is a Discord plugin that lets you see messages that have been erased.
Edited messages will be visible to you as well.
Go to https://gitlab.com/Lighty/bdstuff and look at the MessageLoggerV2.plugin.js repository.
Click on the “Download” button to begin the process of getting MessageLoggerV2 onto your computer.
There’s a chance you’ll see a message claiming the file is potentially harmful to your system.
As long as you select “Keep” to keep the file, everything is OK.
3. Add MessageLoggerV2 To The Plugins Directory And Activate It.
MessageLoggerV2 needs to be added to Discord after you’ve downloaded it.
- To begin, launch Discord on your computer’s desktop.
- To access your user settings, click on the gear symbol.
- Your user profile, privacy and security, and other options can be found in the menu on the left side of the page.
- The “BetterDiscord” heading is located at the bottom of the page.
- Click on “Plugins” under the “BetterDiscord” heading.
- The plugin library will now be displayed.
- “Open Plugin Folder” may be found in the plugin library by clicking “Open Plugins Folder.”
- Open the MessageLoggerV2 folder that you previously saved it to.
- Then, copy and paste MessageLoggerV2 into the Discord plugins folder.
- To use Message LoggerV2, you must enable it after adding it to the plugins folder.
- MessageLoggerV2 is activated by clicking the switch next to it.
- The “Missing Libraries” pop-up will appear once you enable MessageLoggerV2.
- The missing library can be downloaded by clicking “Download Now.”
- You’ll have to close a slew of other windows as a result of this.
- Another “Missing Libraries” window may also appear.
- If a new “Missing Libraries” window appears, select “Cancel” to dismiss it.
- Finally, make sure XenoLib and ZeresPluginLibrary are enabled.
Read More: The Complete Guide To Discord Role Names
4. The Logs Can Be Opened By Right-Clicking On The Server.
To see deleted and altered messages on Discord, you’ll need to enable MessageLoggerV2, XenoLib, and ZeresPluginLibrary on your server.
To begin, go to the Discord server where you want to see the deleted messages you’ve previously posted.
The second step is to right-click on the server’s name in the list of results that appears.
This will bring up a menu with various choices.”Message Logger” can be found on the left-hand navigation bar.
This will bring up a different set of menu options.
- Open the server’s log by clicking “Open Logs.”
- As soon as you click on “Open Logs,” you’ll see the server log.
- Four tabs appear in the log: “Deleted,” “Edited,” “Purged,” and “Ghost pings.”Messages that have been permanently removed from the server can be viewed on the “Deleted” page. The “Edited” tab lets you see the server-side changes made to messages. That’s why the “Deleted” tab is the only place to look for previously deleted communications. A list of deleted messages can be found under the “Deleted” tab. It also shows the message’s date and time of deletion. Waiting for someone to remove their message is required because this is your first time using MessageLoggerV2.There’s a good chance you’ll see a lot of messages being removed in a day on a large Discord server. Click “Clear log” if you want to delete the log.
It looks like you’ve mastered the art of looking up previously deleted conversations in Discord!
If you use the BetterDiscord and MessageLoggerV2 plugins, you’ll be able to see deleted Discord communications.
In Discord, you can see deleted and altered messages with the MessageLoggerV2 add-on.
While Discord’s terms of service prohibit using this plugin, you can still use it at your own risk if you so choose. This does not mean your use of Discord is not permitted.
Discord’s terms of service forbid the usage of the MessageLoggerV2 plugin, so you must do so at your own risk.
Additionally, you can view deleted and altered messages.
Discord servers with a small number of members will have fewer messages that have been removed or altered.
You won’t be able to see them until someone else deletes or modifies their message.
Follow Techadvices.org For The Best Of Technology.